The Early Childhood Committee has been a long established committee and has been successful in implementing and overseeing a number of programs that foster learning at an early age. The committee includes representatives from multiple organizations with early childhood backgrounds and diverse viewpoints.
The responsibilities of being a committee member include the following:
- Creating strategies that impact the Department of Education & EPN goals
- Monitoring A.A., CDA, Ready Rosie, and Kinder Camp programs
- Assisting in the development of Quality Assurance program for early childhood centers
- Attending monthly meetings- where the group reviews any data as it is available, including EPN semi-annual reports for growth; develop plans for activities to strengthen EC network and programs. Updates on any programs in implementation are provided by the contractor.
- Providing expert knowledge on Early Childhood related topics
The 2014-2015 Chairs for the Eastside Promise Neighborhood Early Childhood Committee are:
- Committee Chai: Jayne Meals- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Co-chair: TBD
Early Childhood Committee Meetings:
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- June 10
- July- NO meeting
Meetings are held monthly on the last Friday of every month from 9:00 – 10:30 A.M. at the Ella Austin Community Center Boardroom on the 2nd Floor.
We encourage you to be a committee member and attend our meetings. Help improve the education of young children in your community by being an active member and be a VOICE. For more information contact Director of Operations: Judy Ratlief at (210)352-7020 or by email email@example.com.