January 16th, 2015- EPN School Summit
Eastside Promise Neighborhood invited the 6 EPN campuses to the SAISD school summit on Friday, January 15th. The purpose was to develop a sense of community between the EPN schools. We reviewed the academic strategic plan and shared accomplishments of the schools. The summit allowed all participants to be acquainted with the idea of Eastpoint SA. The program included a musical prelude of the Sam Houston Ensemble band, a delicious lunch from Jason’s deli, the presentation of the colors from the Sam Houston ROTC, an EPN overview, and school STEM presentations from each campus.
The SAISD/ EPN STEM Project
- PK students are working on Industrial Engineering and microscopes.
- Kindergarten students are working on Agricultural Engineering as they study pollination.
- 1st grade students are building bridges as part of Civil Engineering.
- 2nd grade students are designing plant packages as they learn about Package Engineering.
- 3rd grade students are working on maglev machines as they study Transportation Engineering.
- 4th grade students are designing water filters as they study the impact of Environmental Engineering.
- 5th grade students are designing submersibles as part of their study on Ocean Engineering.
- 6th grade students at Whatley Middle School are embarking in a cross curricular project-based learning experience as they study Biomedical Engineering.
Check out some of the pictures of our students in action!