- The Promise and Choice Together (PaCT) Health and Wellness Committee designs, implements, and monitors programs that foster lifelong healthy behavior. The committee includes representatives from multiple organizations with health backgrounds and diverse viewpoints.
The responsibilities of being a committee member include the following:
- Creating strategies that impact the Department of Education Health & Wellness goals
- Evaluating the current programs, services and policies of funded programs
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating program activities
- Attending bi-monthly meetings
- Providing expert knowledge on health related topics
The 2014-2015 Chairs for the Eastside Promise Neighborhood Health and Wellness Committee are Becca Najera, Al Campbell and Dr. Morris Stribling.
- Committee Chair- Becca Najera: firstname.lastname@example.org (Martinez St. Womens Center)
- Committee Co-Chair- Al Campbell: email@example.com (Eastpoint Resident)
- Committee Co-Chair – Dr. Morris Stribling: mstribling@ (SAHA’s Board of Commissioners)
PaCT Health and Wellness Meetings:
Meetings are held every other Thursday from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. at the Ella Austin Community Center Boardroom on the 2nd Floor.
- March 24
- April 7
- April 21 (location TBD- please call ahead)
- May 5
- May 19
- June 9 (location TBD- please call ahead)
- June 23
- July 7
- July 21
We encourage you to be a committee member and attend our meetings. Help improve the health and wellness of your community by being an active member and be a VOICE. For more information contact Health & Wellness Manager: Noemi Villarreal at (210)352-7006 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.