EPN announces 3rd info session for Summer Transition Camp funding, applications available NOW!!!
The Eastside Promise Neighborhood (EPN) seeks providers to offer summer transition camps focused on Middle School to High School, and/OR High School to College/Career. Program components must impact students that attend one of the EPN schools (Wheatley or Sam Houston). The proposed model and program design must address academic proficiency and transition skills during the summer camp. Proposed program must impact the following EPN Results and Neighborhood Goals:
Students improve academic performance and are proficient in core subjects
- GPRA Measure (4): # & % of 3rd-10th grade students at or above grade level according to State Mathematics and English Language Arts assessments in at least the grades required
Students successfully transition from Elementary to Middle to High School
- GPRA (5): Attendance rates of students in 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grades as defined by Chronic Absenteeism
Families and community members support learning in Promise Neighborhood schools.
- GPRA (7a/b): #/% of students enrolled in college or university, industry-recognized certification or credential training after high school
Students earn a job training degree or a job training certification.
- GPRA (14): For children in 9th-12th grades, number and percent of parents or family members who report talking with their child about the importance of college and career.
Summer Transition Camps: Funding period is from June 6, 2016 – August 19, 2016. A total pool of funds of $80,000 is available for investment in the students of EPN for summer 2016 programming.
Required Program Criteria:
- Must impact EPN Results (academic proficiency, parental engagement and successful transitions).
- Twenty percent (20%) match of requested funds required, in-kind and/or cash match (all proposals must specify the program match and calculate the cost per student of the overall program).
- All funding must serve students who attend Wheatley Middle School or Sam Houston High School.
- Demonstrated success in youth programming.
- Letter of Support from an agency or EPN principal who has worked in collaboration with the proposed program.
- Ensure EPN school faculty or staff are a part of summer transition camp program.
The deadline to submit all POS proposals is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2016. All proposals must be hand-delivered to EPN Administrative Offices located on the 2nd Floor of Ella Austin Community Center, 1023 N. Pine 78202. Please call Caroline Sumerlin at (210) 352- 7142 if you have difficulty locating our offices.
Details regarding the application will be presented during the Mandatory Information Sessions. Interested applicants must attend one information session on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. or Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. at Ella Austin Community Center, 1023 N. Pine, 2nd Floor in the Boardroom. To reserve a space please R.S.V.P. to Caroline Sumerlin at email@example.com.
A 3rd Information Session has been added and is scheduled for Friday, April 8, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at Ella Austin Community Center, 1023 N. Pine, 2nd Floor in the Boardroom. To reserve a space please R.S.V.P. to Caroline Sumerlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We highly recommend the staff representative that attends the information sessions be the person who is the grant writer or part of the program implementation team.
- General Overview and Instructions. Summer 2016 Transition Camp
- Instructions for Budget and Match
- 2016-Program Budget Workbook
- 2016 Summer Transition Camp Proposal Application
All questions regarding the P.O.S. must be submitted via email by April 1st to:
EPN Family Navigator, Caroline Sumerlin at email@example.com
The deadline to submit P.O.S proposals is by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2016.