The Education Committee is a new committee that combines members from the previously established Out of School Time (OST) and College and Career committees. The volunteers represent the school campus, parents, residents, and other youth serving non-profit organizations.
The responsibilities of being a committee member include the following:
- Creating strategies that impact EPN neighborhood goals around academic performance, attendance, and high school graduation
- Monitoring the current summer or afterschool programs
- Assisting in planning for Lights On! Afterschool , National Summer Learning Day , and Destination College Week
- Attending bi-monthly meetings
- Providing expert knowledge on education related topics
The Chairs for the Eastside Promise Neighborhood Education Committee are:
- Committee Chair: Victor Zuniga, Activity Director at Sutton Oaks Apartments- email@example.com (210)264- 0870
- Committee Co-Chair: Jennifer Emerson, Assistant Principal at Pershing Elementary- firstname.lastname@example.org (210)738-9820
- September 27th
- October 5th (sustainability meeting)
- November 1st (last meeting of the grant)
Meetings are held every other Tuesday from 2:30-4:00 P.M. at the Park at Sutton Oaks, 1010 Locke St.
We encourage you to be a committee member and attend our meetings. Help improve the education of your community by being an active member and be a VOICE. For more information contact EPN K-12 Education Manager: Elizabeth Arevalo Davila at (210)352-7146 or by email email@example.com.